TTG at the Tourism Ireland pub quiz
The great and the good of travel journalists turned up for the annual Tourism Ireland pub quiz last night – with the Telegraph winning it for the fourth time.
I was there as part of Travel Trade Gazette’s crack team – TTGenies – but I’m not going to reveal what position we came in at. Luckily the above picture doesn’t reveal the final scores.
The questions were very difficult, and we mistakenly played our joker for the “Film Soundtracks” round. We answered none of these correctly, but in our defence we couldn’t hear much as we were tucked away in a corner.
I quite liked the different team names, and I’ll match them up for you:
- Chicken Ar La – BBC Good Food online
- Galway Bay City Rollers – Mail on Sunday (they came second)
- Gone to Pots – Freelance trade
- Indecent Exposures – Photographers
- Hangover Square – Conde Nast Traveller
- Metro – Metro
- Riders of the SuperHighway – Telegraph online
- Taxi for four – Telegraph
- The Great Escape – Observer
- The Lost Wonders – Wanderlust
- The Repro-bates – Sunday Times Travel Magazine
- TTGenies – Travel Trade Gazette ((aka @ttglive)
- Wapping Lies – The Times
- Web monkey hustlers – Timesonilne (aka @timestravel)
- We Already Got The Scores From Twitter – Travel Weekly (@twblog)
Many thanks to Tourism Ireland and bgb communications for organising the night… a great way to boost a destination’s profile.
Here are a few more pics from the night – apologies for my blurred photograph of the snappers! (below)
The venue – The Porterhouse in Covent Garden
The Winners – Taxi for four
The winners again